Texas is a great place to spend Memorial Day weekend with your family. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or indoor fun, there’s something for everyone in the Lone Star State.
Memorial Day Weekend marks the unofficial start of summer, and Texas is the perfect place to kick off the season with your loved ones.
We are planning a short road trip and trying to relax!
From the Gulf Coast to the Hill Country, here are ten great places to spend Memorial Day Weekend in Texas!
1. Canyon Lake – Located on Central Texas is a popular destination for families. Spend the weekend relaxing at the lake, staying at Jellystone Hill Country, and floating the day away at the Guadalupe River, and more.
2. San Antonio – Home to the famous Riverwalk, San Antonio is a vibrant city full of history and culture. Take a boat tour, visit the Alamo, and enjoy some delicious Tex-Mex cuisine.
3. Fredericksburg – This charming Hill Country town is known for its wineries, antique shops, and German heritage. Spend the weekend exploring Main Street, hiking Enchanted Rock, and sampling local wines.
4. South Padre Island – If you’re looking for a beach getaway, South Padre Island is the place to be. Relax on the beach, go fishing, or take a dolphin-watching tour.
5. Corpus Christi – Another great Gulf Coast destination, Corpus Christi offers miles of beaches, the USS Lexington Museum, and the Texas State Aquarium.
6. Austin – The state capital is always a fun place to visit, but Memorial Day Weekend offers even more excitement. Attend the annual Memorial Day Concert and Fireworks show at Auditorium Shores or watch the traditional Sunset Bat Flight at Congress Bridge.
7. Waco – Thanks to the popularity of Magnolia Market and Fixer Upper, Waco has become a must-visit destination in Texas. Spend the weekend exploring the Silos, visiting the Dr. Pepper Museum, and taking a stroll through Cameron Park.
8. Big Bend National Park – For the adventurous family, Big Bend National Park offers hiking, rafting, and stargazing. Take a float trip down the Rio Grande, hike to the top of Emory Peak, and enjoy the stunning views.
9. Lake Travis – Just outside of Austin, Lake Travis is a popular spot for water activities like boating, swimming, and jet skiing. Spend the weekend at a lakeside resort or rent a houseboat for a unique experience.
10. Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 – This wine trail in the Hill Country features over a dozen wineries, each offering tastings and tours. Spend the weekend sampling the best wines Texas has to offer and enjoying the beautiful scenery. Love it!
No matter where you decide to spend Memorial Day Weekend in Texas, you’re sure to have a great time with your family. From beach vacations to city getaways, there’s something for everyone in the Lone Star State.
- La mejor lista de eventos navideños y lugares gratis en DFW - November 14, 2023
- Consejos y recomendaciones para comprar en Black Friday - November 12, 2023
- 7 Destinos en Texas para la semana del Día de Acción de Gracias - November 1, 2023