Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Thanks to Crest for making this article possible. My opinions are my own!
Halloween—one of the favorite celebrations of children all ages. And, we love it here at home. The spooky decorations, the creative costumes and, of course, all of the candy. HELP PLEASE! It is almost impossible to avoid the avalanche of sugar, but don’t worry because Crest reminds us that you can develop healthy oral care routine these days.
Here are some tips to help you enjoy Halloween even more:
- Before leaving to trick or treat, make sure your kids eat a nutritious meal and are hydrated.
- Make sure your children understand that they should not eat sweets until you have inspected them properly.
- Children should not go out alone to ask for sweets.
- Never accept let your kids trick-or-treat with strangers.
- Offer healthier options, such as fruits.
- Once you get back home from trick-or-treating, remind everyone how important is to brush your teeth with Crest to avoid cavities.
In the spirit of Halloween, I want to share some interesting data from Crest Candy Confessions survey along with a funny video where children receive healthier snacks in place of candy.
Here is what was revealed from the Halloween survey:
- 86% of parents eat candy that was given to their child while trick-or-treating.
- Most people (73%) purposefully buy more Halloween candy than they needed for trick-or-treaters so they can eat the extra.
- Seven in 10 parents enforce a stricter teeth brushing and flossing routine on Halloween, and 41% compensate for Halloween candy by serving a healthier dinner on the holiday itself or the next night.
We love all the zombies and princesses costumes! Do you have some tips for these spooky days?
Now have a good time and Happy Halloween!